Farm Manager – The Wandle, Middlemarch
The Wandle is a 2,550 ha (effective) breeding and finishing farm located in the Middlemarch, wintering approximately 15,000su and peaking at over 30,000su. It runs 230 Angus cows and 4,000 Headwaters ewes, as well as a large finishing and trading operation, finishing 25,000 lambs and 1,400 cattle.
The Farm Manager reports to the General Manager and is responsible for leading and managing a team of 5 staff to achieve financial, production and performance targets and goals. The Wandle is a dynamic environment so identifying opportunities and potential risks and adjusting plans in response to market, climatic and other factors is an important aspect of the role.
Key responsibilities of the position include:
- Leadership, farm strategy and planning
- Financial and business management
- Staff management & Health & Safety
- Livestock performance and production
- Grazing management, pastures, crops and soil fertility
- Maintenance of farm, plant, machinery and buildings
The ideal applicant will have
- Strong business acumen and financial awareness
- Experience with managing, motivating and coaching staff
- Experience in a Farm Management position experience, managing an intensive sheep and beef breeding and finishing operation.
- Track record of managing and achieving high stock performance levels.
- Managed a farm financial budget, reporting against it monthly.
- Good knowledge of agronomy and experience of growing winter fodder crops
- Competent with formal feed budgeting and planning.
Interested applicants should phone Tania during business hours on 03 545 7602.
Applications close on Wednesday 23rd September 2020.