Head Shepherd – Barewood Station
Barewood Station requires a Head Shepherd to join our team.
Located next to the Taieri Gorge in Central Otago, the farm is a 6,420-ha breeding and finishing property.
The Head Shepherd works alongside the Farm Manager, Stock Manager, and other farm staff to plan feeding levels, grazing rotations and animal health activities for all stock on the farm.
As for all positions within Lone Star Farms, you will work with the team for yard and woolshed activities, feed out supplements and complete general farm repairs and maintenance.
We are seeking a person who has:
- 5-6 years’ experience working as an Experienced Shepherd in New Zealand
- A team of competent working dogs
- Experience with feed planning, grazing systems, and rotations
- Ability to communicate with and manage staff
- Competent with computer use including EID tech
- A willingness to embrace technology and be competent in the use of FarmIQ
- The ability to work as part of a team and unsupervised
We offer an attractive salary with overtime and additional benefits, as well as ongoing training and personal development to help you reach your personal and career goals.
Lone Star Farms has health and safety management systems in place and provide a safe and drug free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug test.
Good housing is provided on site.
For further information contact Marty Deans, Farm Manager to discuss the role further on (027) 228 8155. Applications can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: Friday, 30 April 2021.
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.